This feature is only available for Expert plan or Enterprise plan clients. If you want to activate this feature, contact us via the in-app messenger.
By default, all team members have access to the full Prezly account. But you can also limit a team member's access to only specific parts of the account.
Currently, we provides 2 ways to limiting access:
1. On a section level
- This allows you to block off access to the Contact, Campaigns, Billing or Teammates section.
2. On a newsroom level
- If you have more than 1 newsroom, you can grant teammates access to certain newsrooms only.
A. Explanation of permissions (section level)
- This prevents a user from accessing the contact section, so he/she cannot add, import, export or update contact details.
- IMPORTANT: The user can still see your contacts unless you also limit his/her right to "Manage campaigns". Otherwise, through the email campaign function, he/she can still select recipients from your contact database when creating a campaign and can see the contacts in the email campaign reports (but he won't be able to export the details to Excel).
- This prevents a user from exporting your contacts . He/she will still be able to add/edit and remove contacts, but simply can't export them to an excel.
- Exporting will be disabled from the contacts section as well as on the email report section.
- This prevents a user from accessing the email campaign section, so he/she cannot create, send campaigns, neither will he/she has access to the email reports.
- If this is used in combination with the "Manage contacts" permission you can completely hide all contact details for this user. Only allowing him to access and edit content for a newsroom.
- This prevents a user from changing permissions and adding/removing teammates
- This prevents a user from accessing and changing the billing details.
B. Example use cases
- As a multi-brands organisation, I can give users access to newsrooms of their own brands only.
- As a global organisation, I can give local markets access to their local room only.
- As an organisation, I can invite freelancers to my account to help me with specific parts of my workflow: e.g. helping me keep my contact database in Prezly up to date, helping me write and setup stories in Prezly or helping me setup and style the room.
- As an agency, I can give my clients access to their newsroom, so they can review and improve draft stories but won't see the other rooms I manage for other clients.
If you have other use cases that you think are missing, feel free to share them with firstname.lastname@example.org.
C. Setting permissions
Click the cogwheel icon at the top right > Teammates and you can adjust the permission settings for teammates.